corpus-paul - A Matter of Concern

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Corpus Paulinum <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: A Matter of Concern
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:30:48 -0500

At the risk of sounding too personal, I'd like to share with List
members something that troubles me. For it concerns the vitality of the
List.

Recently I have had a number of off list messages from (now former) C-P
members saying that they have decided to unsubscribe because, against
their expectations, they haven't seen any discussion on the List of
the particular Pauline topics or themes they joined the list to explore
or hear about.

Apart from the fact that there is a certain irony in this--most of those
who have told me that they did not see anything that interested them,
never, so far as I can tell, (or only rarely) attempted to start a
discussion on what would have kept them subscribed if it *had*
appeared--these messages raise the point that no topic gets mooted by
itself. Someone *has* to initiate it.

In the light of this, may I request, then, that List Members who have
not seen discussed what you want to see discussed take the hold of the
reins and initiate the threads you have interest in.

Perhaps our motto should be the adage of Hillel:

If not me, who?
If not now, when?

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

  • A Matter of Concern, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 06/11/1999