corpus-paul - subject headers

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Corpus Paulinum <"corpus-paul"@franklin.oit.unc.edu>>
  • Subject: subject headers
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:01:56 -0500

The recent post from J.D.H. Amador which responds to the dialogue between Ray
Pickett, Mark Nanos, and others -- and yet bears the subject line "Re:
corpus-paul digest: April 12, 1999" -- brings to mind another nuts and bolts
item that, given the way our archives store and sort posts, I'd like to ask
List members to pay some attention to, namely, that subject headers should be
cast so as to reflect the subject the post they head is actually dealing with.

I assume in this instance that Mr. Amador receives and responds to the digest
form of the list. But in this instance what our software takes over as its
subject is *not* that of the particular portion of the Digest which has
provoked
the response, but the Digest heading itself.

So might I ask, please, that if you are indeed responding to a post brought to
you in Digest form, you do a little editing of your post's subject header.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Gibson
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

  • subject headers, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 04/13/1999