corpus-paul - Re: small matter of list protocol

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Micheal Palmer <mwpalmer AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: small matter of list protocol
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 00:34:47 -0500

At 5:17 PM -0500 4/12/99, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
>List members,
>
>One of the staff advisors for C-P has noted that his curiosity for knowing
>where
>people have been posting from and/or what their affiliation is, has been
>frustrated by the fact that some posters sign their posts without any
>indication
>of social location or academic position. In the light of this, may I make
>the
>request, as per protocols, that your signatures give us something more
>about you
>-- even if only an address -- than your name?

Why is this important? Do we need to know a person's affiliation or
location to be able to evaluate the validity of her or his arguments?

I will certainly respect your request, but I regret that anyone feels it
necessary to make it.

Micheal W. Palmer mwpalmer AT earthlink.net
North Carolina State University
Philosophy and Religion (New Testament)
Foreign Languages (Ancient Greek)

Visit the Greek Language and Linguistics Gateway at
http://www.greek-language.com/

  • small matter of list protocol, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 04/12/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: small matter of list protocol, Micheal Palmer, 04/13/1999