compostteas - Re: [Compostteas] Tea additives

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Lloyd Charles" <lcharles AT webfront.net.au>
  • To: <compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Compostteas] Tea additives
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:18:03 +1000

From: Scott Alexander

> Hi Russ and the group.
> I don't know how "scientific " my advice is, but for better or worse this
> is what I do:-
> To the the CT, I add the following and spray it on straight away.
> 1. The leachate from my worm farm
> 2. More fish and kelp
> 3. More humic acid
> 4. Liquid calcium (my pH is a bit low)
> 5. Liquid silica (supposed to strengthen cell walls - I have a rust
problem
> in my daylilies)
>
> Scott Alexander
Hi Scott and List
What Scott is doing here,managed correctly, will get some real nice
nutritional responses in all sorts of crops for very minor cost. Any growers
new to this need to be aware of the fruiting or growth energy responses
triggered by various foliar nutrient combinations. This is explained in the
books by Arden Andersen, Phil Wheeler, Dan Skow (and others) You can easily
enhance what you want to happen or drive a crop in the wrong direction with
foliar sprays.
Some of these things above can get "interesting" in a mix, I suggest all
newcomers do a bottle mix first to test compatability. Scott What type and
brand name liquid calcium and the cost?
Thanks
Lloyd Charles