compostteas - [Compostteas] Re: Compostteas digest, Vol 1 #74 - 15 msgs

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: Dave Robison <drobison AT teleport.com>
  • To: compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Re: Compostteas digest, Vol 1 #74 - 15 msgs
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:16:43 -0700

At 01:48 AM 7/15/02 -0400, Ed wrote:
I have a miniature orange tree growing in a solarium. It has been =
attacked by 'Scale'. Does anyone know if compost or casting tea spray =
would be effective at eradicating this?

I don't think this is a compost case. To combat scale, you can (1) hand swab the entire plant with a cotton swab soaked in isopropyl alcohol. Not exactly organic, but not a persistent chemical either. (2) spray with a light spray-oil to suffocate the bugs. Best to do this outside to avoid getting oil stains around. BTW, you probably have to treat any and all other plants in the solarium. (3) set the plant outside for the summer, ladybugs etc will clean it up, watch out for sun scald because ti won't be ready for direct sunlight at first.

Dave Robison

  • [Compostteas] Re: Compostteas digest, Vol 1 #74 - 15 msgs, Dave Robison, 07/15/2002