compostteas - [Compostteas] RE: fungi??????

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Jennifer Wallenfels" <jennifer AT nventure.com>
  • To: <compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] RE: fungi??????
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:33:48 -0700

Jeff wrote:
>Is it really the brewer? That is not the answer I am looking for!

Unfortunately, it might be a real key. Otherwise, SFI would get the same
results in all brewers they test... right?

I heard some interesting results from Ground Up. They make excellent fungal
compost. They used to use a Microb-brewer 1999 version. They designed a
brewer themselves that they are using now. With the same recipe, the same
compost... they got 2x the bacteria and 4x the fungi in the new brewer. If
there's not enough energy in the brewer to extract the fungi, they won't end
up in the tea. (Of course if fungi is not high in the compost, it might be
useful to work on that too!)

  • [Compostteas] RE: fungi??????, Jennifer Wallenfels, 06/12/2002