compostteas - Re: [Compostteas] fungi??????

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: Lmvine1 AT cs.com
  • To: jeff AT gardener.com, compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Compostteas] fungi??????
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:17:25 EDT

In a message dated 6/11/02 10:15:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jeff AT gardener.com writes:

First, what has worked to increase fungi in your teas?

Second, what have people tested?

Good question Jeff,.  Bacteria is easy for me also BUT I want fungi for soil drench.  Helena Saponyn has given me the highest measured fungal - 5.5 which is still just so-so.  As Elaine has said it foams wildly (as I found out!!) so I add at the end of brewing for soil application which might not help tea fungal growth that much but it does get into soil and help soil fungal growth (I hope).  Certain oils are said to reduce foaming but didn't much for me.

In Chattanooga I heard Elaine say that Dramm Liquid fish "grows fungi like mad" but results so far are inconclusive for me.

So for now Saponyn but difficult to use during brewing process.

I'd like to see a list from best to just so-so for fungal growth. Maybe we can get to it.
Dan, Long Mountain Vineyard