compostteas - RE: [Compostteas] fungi??????

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff AT gardener.com>
  • To: "D" <madhava AT fidalgo.net>, <compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Compostteas] fungi??????
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:11:55 -0700

Daniel,

I didn't make myself clear. What I am interested in stimulating is a
discussion of what makes fungi grow in tea. I don't think there is a person
on this list who can't make decent, even high bacteria tea with just compost
and molasses. This is not true when it comes to making a fungi tea. Is it
really the brewer? That is not the answer I am looking for! Isn't there
something that will make fungi grow as easily as molasses makes bacteria
grow no matter what kind of brewer one employs?

I suspect the landscape company to which you rightly refer has something
special in their compost or in their tea ingredients. It is rightly
protected. This leads me to the second half of my question which is what has
been tested and what should be tested?

So I guess I am asking what works best for others when it comes to fungi?
What have people tried so I don't repeat their failures!

Cheers,

Jeff L

PLANT A ROW FOR THE HUNGRY: Through PAR, over 3 million pounds of food have
been donated by home gardeners like you to feed the hungry. Ask me how you
can join the effort.