compostteas - [Compostteas] visiting soils producer

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "John A. Perazzo" <jperazzo AT lvcm.com>
  • To: <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] visiting soils producer
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 21:31:02 -0700

Hello,

My name is John.  I am new to the discussion.

My visiting soils producer from Korea leaves today (Friday 6/7).  I am grateful he was able to see the Presidio Golf Course operation while he was in San Francisco.

While visiting our local Desert Demonstration Gardens here in southern Nevada (southwestern United States), it became clearer he was looking for the "perfect" [potting] soil mix.  The more I understand about the Soil Food Web [SFW] (and having just visited John Evans' website about their work in Alaska [www.alaskagiant.com]) it seems clearer to me it is not the soil as much as the environment the soil [mix] provides for the rest of those little critters (bacteria, fungi, etc.); plus their actual presence in the soil.  If this is true, I see what a paradigm shift this whole SFW really is.

I have some other questions plus my own experience with compost tea to share at a future time.

John A Perazzo
Las Vegas, NV

  • [Compostteas] visiting soils producer, John A. Perazzo, 06/07/2002