compostteas - [Compostteas] Re: Compostteas digest, Vol 1 #29 - 9 msgs

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Soil Foodweb, Inc." <info AT soilfoodweb.com>
  • To: compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Re: Compostteas digest, Vol 1 #29 - 9 msgs
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 20:50:57 -0500

Reply to: Subject: [Compostteas] Protozoa

You can buy protozoa in a dormant state from Holmes Enviro. Good diversity
of protozoa, in a powdered form. The carrier is an organic N source as well,
I understand.

The e-mail address is: holmesenviro AT attbi.com

i'll probably put out mor e information about this next month in the e-zine/

Hope this helps!

Elaine Ingham

Does anyone have any experience growing protozoa to apply to post-compost
tea applied areas?

I've grown them using straw in water but it occurs to me that the mix
becomes anaerobic quickly and that I have anaerobic protozoa. That doesn't
bother me, but I don't want to apply the stuff to my lawn. So I am going to
start a bucket bubbler with straw and water to grow aerobic protozoa. Any
advice from folks?

Cheers,

Jeff

  • [Compostteas] Re: Compostteas digest, Vol 1 #29 - 9 msgs, Soil Foodweb, Inc., 06/04/2002