compostteas - [Compostteas] Sapponin

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Tom Jaszewski" <tomj AT lvcm.com>
  • To: <compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Sapponin
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 14:18:21 -0700

I wouldn't be too quick to make a judgment on the basis of one tea sampling.
We use Saponyn
the trade name for Helena Chemical's sapponin extract. There are so may
variables in producing tea,
especially, it seems in getting good fungal extraction. Do you measure your
oxygen levels? Have you followed
good cleaning procedures? Was the parent material from the same batch? What
are the inert ingredients?

"When we kill off the natural enemies of a pest we inherit their work"

Carl Huffaker

  • [Compostteas] Sapponin, Tom Jaszewski, 05/26/2002