community_studios - [Community_studios] Intrested

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Charles fogarty <cfoghat AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Intrested
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 05:13:07 -0600

Hi, my name is Charlie. My friend and I are very excited about starting a non-profit studio in the Dallas area. There are many local bands and starving artist in the area. Many of my friends are artist and can not seem to catch a break. The cost of recording is very high in the area and even some of the indy labels seem a little unfair. Our mission is simply to help these people to get a start and get off the ground. We would be focusing on recording demos and promoting these local bands that have real and raw talent. Greg would be the main person behind the studio. We have a small amount of money to help start it, and we are not crazy. We do understand the work we would have to put into our project. We are just now starting our research and putting a business plan togather. We would be totally non-profit and only employ two people, me and greg, we do not seek to gain, just to stay in business and make it posable for us to work there full time. We have a lot of ideas for posable donators. Like I stated above, we are very excited about this and also very passionate about art for art's sake. The music industry is very money oriented and we are not. These bands want people to hear there music but they can not afford to produce a record. Do you have any advise for us?
Thank you,
Charlie