community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] Files uploaded!

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Tom Poe <tompoe AT studioforrecording.org>
  • To: revmuddswife AT mchsi.com
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] Files uploaded!
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 17:47:37 -0500

revmuddswife AT mchsi.com offered the following on 10/01/2005 04:47 PM:
Gang:

The files for the CD are all uploaded and available for your persual online. Use this link to look through them:
http://revmuddswife.onlinestoragesolution.com/Sept24.2005.Protest/ It's not
fancy or pretty, but the pretty comes later.

There are two directories - large & small. Large contains the original camera
images and movies, Small contains the same images, just smaller, and no
movies.
Dial-up people (those using a modem to dial up the internet across the phone)
should look at the small photos unless they're blessed with the patience of a
zen monk. The large images are BIG - I have a very fast cable connection to
the
Internet and it took me over 2 hours to post the materials.
CD's - without fancy graphics, labels, songs, or any of the other materials
this
group has dicussed and are in creation - are available now. Ask and ye shall
recieve! (within a couple of weeks) I'm under the impression that "The CD" of
finished material is what everyone wants, and that this first generation will
be
of use only to people using the material contained for their own contributing
projects.

-Scott.

Hi, Scott: Terrific! Man, sure are a lot of great photos.

We'll be going into the holiday season, so everyone will be short on time. At some point though, it would be fun to have a gathering, and spend some time around the table, grouping the photos into galleries based on some sort of presentation order.

2005 is shaping up to be the year Bush and Gang try to seal our fate. As the Plame case unfolds, Haliburton chokes on its greed, the FCC's moves with our internet, WIPO's moves with intellectual property treaties, gas prices, jobs, disasters, healthcare, environment, the VA system, HUD, and everything else he touched, history will certainly be looking at the march on September 24, 2005. Maybe historians will find our Iowans For Peace stuff, and share it with generations to come. Never know, right? :)

Scott, when you send us our CDs, don't forget to autograph them. :)
Tom
--
Open Studios, Charles City, Iowa, USA
www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/
begin:vcard
fn:Tom Poe
n:Poe;Tom
org:Open Studios
adr:;;510 15th Avenue;Charles City;IA;50616;USA
email;internet:tompoe AT studioforrecording.org
title:Director
tel;work:641-228-3271
tel;home:641-228-3271
x-mozilla-html:FALSE