community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: [Open_Studios] Paper submission complete

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: [Open_Studios] Paper submission complete
  • Date: 24 Mar 2005 09:17:24 -0800

Hi, Anatoly: Very good points, you make. However, I think you'll find
the paper emphasizes the for-profit mindset as distinct from the
non-profit mindset, rather than a proprietary business strategy as
opposed to a non-profit business strategy. Of course, as you so nicely
point out, non-profits, today, and Open Studios, in particular, are
increasingly dependent on pursuing business strategies that lead to self
sufficiency, rather than focusing on grants and disposable income
donations, which are both shrinking.
Tom