community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: [Open_Studios] SONG STORM hits the 100 Mark

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Anatoly Volynets <av AT total-knowledge.com>
  • To: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • Cc: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: [Open_Studios] SONG STORM hits the 100 Mark
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:36:33 -0700 (PDT)

My tribute to you personally, Tom, congratulations and thanks!

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, tom poe wrote:

Congratulations to ALL: SONG STORM has just reached the 100 mark for
Independent Artist Listings!

Noone offered any ideas about how to celebrate this accomplishment, so
we'll roll over the $10,000USD prize money into the 500 Independent
Artist pot.

We'll be on our way to the 200 mark, starting with Bob Powell's
Anthology collection.
http://tinyurl.com/6257x

Open Studios is out to find a manufacturer of a good quality,
reasonably-priced, general purpose microphone. If anyone has a
recommendation on who we should focus our efforts with, let me know. We
ideally want to convince the manufacturer to donate 100 microphones for
the first 50 communities/neighborhoods that start a community-based
recording studio. It should be a fun campaign, and anyone wanting to
get into the trenches on this, just speak up.
Tom

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/JPJolB/TM