community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: Cookie Holley, gone, but just getting started

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Jayme Kelly Curtis <jayme AT purrgirl.com>
  • Cc: Denise Barbarita <denise AT myshytune.com>, Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: Cookie Holley, gone, but just getting started
  • Date: 21 Jun 2004 10:01:41 -0700

Hi, Jayme: Yahoo! I thought we had lost the site, because the domain
owner had switched it over to a porn site. Thank you! I apologize for
the wrong site address, and any discomfort it caused.

Unfortunately, Cookie passed away last week, and is no longer with us.

I think we should try to preserve as much of her site as possible, in
the near future. Maybe we can see what the Wayback Machine folks do,
and they could preserve it or something.
Tom
On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 08:51, Jayme Kelly Curtis wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I think you mean http://www.bumpngrindrecords.com.
> www.bumpngrind.com takes you to an over 21 site.
>
> Did something happen to Cookie?
>
> Peace, love, joy,
> Jayme Kelly Curtis
> Jayme Loves ELIXIR Guitar Strings
> http://www.purrgirl.com
> http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jayme
>
> "All music is folk music. I ain't never heard no horse sing."
> -- Louis Armstrong
>
> "Folk is a process, not the resulting artistic expression."
> -- Pete Seeger
>

> On 6/20/04 7:56 AM, "tom poe" <tompoe AT amihost.com> wrote:
>
> > Bumpngrindrecords.com, a site dedicated to Independent Artists.
> >
> > Cookie Holley, your story, by you, at:
> > http://www.bumpngrind.com then click on "Cookie Holley" link
> >
> > Cookie no longer shares her thoughts on what SONG STORM wants to do.
> > She played such an important role in our launch, and our strategy. We'll
> > miss her terribly.
> >
> > There is no question that SONG STORM will become a tribute to Cookie,
> > and her work. With each Independent Artist that is added to the site,
> > her work will continue. Her inspiration and love for music, and for all
> > Independent Artists, especially those who embrace the Internet, will
> > live within SONG STORM.
> >
> > If you have some thoughts to share with the world about Cookie, we'll be
> > placing a tribute page on SONG STORM. Please send them to me, directly,
> > by replying to this email.
> > Tom Poe
> > SONG STORM
> > Reno, NV
> > www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/php/playlist.php

  • [Community_studios] Re: Cookie Holley, gone, but just getting started, tom poe, 06/21/2004