community_studios - [Community_studios] Fwd: iTunes 4.5: "24 hours after I downloaded it... I've broken it"

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: proclus AT gnu-darwin.org
  • To: gnu-darwin-distribution AT lists.sourceforge.net
  • Cc: fairuse-talk AT nyfairuse.org, gnu-darwin-ports AT lists.sourceforge.net, pho AT onehouse.com, C-FIT_Release_Community AT realmeasures.dyndns.org, Anand Babu <ab AT gnu.org.in>, tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>, C-FIT_Community AT realmeasures.dyndns.org, DMCA_Discuss AT microshaft.org, DMCA-Activists AT gnu.org, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Fwd: iTunes 4.5: "24 hours after I downloaded it... I've broken it"
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:16:13 -0400 (EDT)

------ Forwarded message ------
From: "R. A. Hettinga" <rah AT shipwright.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:44:13 -0400
To: cryptography AT metzdowd.com, cypherpunks AT al-qaeda.net,
mac-crypto AT vmeng.com

<http://craz.net/programs/itunes/>

crazney.net - iTunes stuff

Welcome to my iTunes stuff website, here you will find various things
relating to iTunes hacking that I have written.

Last updated:April 29, 2004

iTunes 4.5: iTunes 4.5 uses a new authentication algorithm. However, not
even 24 hours after I downloaded it, and that includes a little sleep and
lots of uni time, I've broken it. Hah. Anyhow, libopendaap 0.2.0 and
tunesbrowser 0.1.4 are now available.

<crazney> brb have to shut chooks in.
<Fryboy> "I have just deconstructed the encryption protocol designed by
Apple's finest enginee..ah fuck the chicken has escaped"

Pages here:

* libopendaap: A library for connecting to iTunes shares and
streaming audio files.
* tunesbrowser: An application, built on top of libopendaap in
GTK for browsing and playing the songs in various iTunes shares.
* authentication: A page describing the authentication
procedure
used by the latest iTunes programs in order to lock out third party
applications.
* iTunes Music Store authentication: A page describing the
authentication packets used by the iTMS. This complements Jason Rohrers
iTMS-4-ALL project.

Say no to the AUS-FTA!

Contact info:
See the front page for contact details.

Please let me know if you use and enjoy (or hate) this software!

Apple and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.

--
R. A. Hettinga <mailto: rah AT ibuc.com>

  • [Community_studios] Fwd: iTunes 4.5: "24 hours after I downloaded it... I've broken it", proclus, 04/29/2004