community_studios - [Community_studios] anyone know a nonprofit person?

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] anyone know a nonprofit person?
  • Date: 13 Feb 2004 08:24:57 -0800

I need a track record for Open Studios that is sufficient for an unnamed
editor to consider publishing an article about us.

Sound weird? Well, what if I told you, the unnamed editor was concerned
that Open Studios, working with nonprofits, would enable the nonprofits
to create multi-media fund-raising campaigns with their "in-house"
recording studios. In other words, do we really want to give others the
impression they "can make money" with this approach?

After thinking about our exchange of missives, and the editor's review
of the draft of the article, it seems to me, that somehow, we're opening
the doors for nonprofits to move out on their own, and this particular
nonprofit "help" site will lose audience. Does that make sense?

So, anyone want to offer suggestions on how we get the word out, without
upsetting the establishment?
Tom

  • [Community_studios] anyone know a nonprofit person?, tom poe, 02/13/2004