community_studios - [Community_studios] RE: COMMISSION WEBSITE EMAIL

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: "Weber, Bonnie" <BWeber AT MAIL.co.washoe.nv.us>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] RE: COMMISSION WEBSITE EMAIL
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 23:08:51 -0000

Hi, Ms. Weber: I didn't say anything about security. Please read what
I wrote. If you use a proprietary voting system that does not permit
public scrutiny of the source code in that machine, you have eliminated
the voter's right to vote. I would appreciate your not espousing any
views that run counter to scientific facts. The use of Diebold or
Sequoia voting systems guarantees the elimination of the voters' right
to vote, and no amount of rhetoric such as your comment, "My goal is
that when the voter casts his ballot, he has some assurance that what he
voted is what is truly recorded and is what is truly counted." cannot be
even remotely accomplished through the use of these two companies'
proprietary systems.

I'm afraid you didn't answer my question about having access to the
Minutes of the Town Hall Meeting. I wonder if there is a possibility
that we, as part of the audience, will be permitted to record the
meeting with our own recording equipment?
Thanks,
Tom

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 11:46, Weber, Bonnie wrote:
> Mr. Poe,
>
> Thank you so much for your great comments and suggestions.
>
> I am not so sure that I am as interested in voter security as in preserving
> the voter's right to vote. I don't believe these are the same issue, do
> you? My goal is that when the voter casts his ballot, he has some assurance
> that what he voted is what is truly recorded and is what is truly counted.
>
> I appreciate your input. There is some talk that we may change the Town
> Hall meeting so please stay in touch or watch the local newspapers for more
> information. I have made a hard copy of your email and will most definitely
> ask these questions. The audience will have the same opportunity to voice
> their concerns and ideas. Thanks so much.
>
> Bonnie Weber
> Washoe County Commissioner
> District 5
> (775) 328-2006

  • [Community_studios] RE: COMMISSION WEBSITE EMAIL, tom poe, 11/20/2003