community_studios - [Community_studios] comment for Don Cook

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: clewis AT nashvillecitypaper.com
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] comment for Don Cook
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:51:26 -0000

Hi: Next time you see Don Cook, tell him I think he's wasting his time
trying to "change one mind at a time" with file sharing. Everyone knows
it is a lot easier for artists to write off the downloading against
their taxes, and expand their audience globally with zero
capitalization. What kind of music business prof is he, anyway?

You might also have him explore the world of Creative Commons Project,
at: http://www.creativecommons.org/ as the combination of internet,
creative commons licensing, and Open Studios community-based recording
studios is taking down the RIAA business model as-we-speak.

Music Row veteran focused on classroom By Chris Lewis,
clewis AT nashvillecitypaper.com
September 15, 2003
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=10&screen=news&news_id=26551

Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/

  • [Community_studios] comment for Don Cook, tom poe, 09/15/2003