community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: Playlist contest idea request

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Robert Lazaneo <whiffenpuf AT aol.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: Playlist contest idea request
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 01:32:54 -0000

Hi, Robert: Good to hear from you. You ask a good question, and I hope
it's ok to post to the mail list.

There seems to be a solid pool of independent music hitting the
Internet. www.commoncontent.org also has a good seed pool. However, if
the contest dates are set up with your idea in mind, there's a nice
promotional aspect for having open mic participation. As you say, it
will be a draw for communities.

Other thoughts?
Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 13:20, Whiffenpuf AT aol.com wrote:
> Hi Tom, This sounds like an interesting idea. I have some questions.
> How
> many artists have song titles that are currently registered with Creative
> Commons ? Since you need material from sources for the contest, is there
> enough
> now or do we need to interest more songwriters to register their works
> before a
> contest can begin? One idea might be to advertize a songwriters
> competition
> where songwriters might come to a local club like on a open mic night and
> play
> their songs and they would be offered the opportunity to register them with
> creative commons to be part of the play list contest.
>
> Robert Lazaneo

  • [Community_studios] Re: Playlist contest idea request, tom poe, 09/14/2003