community_studios - [Community_studios] can you help Open Studios with quote?

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: rr AT fairvote.org
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] can you help Open Studios with quote?
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 00:57:33 -0000

Hi: Open Studios is engaging a project, a tv show on local access tv,
called, "The Right To Vote". One topic discusses the need to strengthen
our voter turnout at the polls. Here's how we set up the issue:

Advocates of the Help America Vote Act [HAVA] believe the implementation
of Direct Recording Election (DRE) voting systems will make a positive
impact on voter turnout, citing initial interest in the new technology,
and the long-term move to Internet voting for convenience.

Opponents believe the DRE voting systems eliminate our right to vote.
They cite the deliberate attempt to exclude voter-verified ballots, and
the increased opportunity for fraud and manipulation of the vote count
without detection.

Question: What impact will the DRE voting problems have on voter
turnout in the 2004 election?

We'd like to quote you on this question in our show.
Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
blog: http://www.studioforrecording.org/mt/Pubdomain_Bread/

  • [Community_studios] can you help Open Studios with quote?, tom poe, 09/04/2003