community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] Newsletter Issue #2: September, 2003

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: debug <debug AT centras.lt>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] Newsletter Issue #2: September, 2003
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:53:45 -0000

Hi, DeBug: Forgive me. I was using a metaphor, or simile, to associate
the concept of automobile running boards that were, of necessity, an
important part of cars in the early years, because roads were not paved,
and people needed to "launch" themselves over puddles and mud to enter
and exit their automobiles. As roads and highways were built, the need
for running boards, as they were called, were less important, and,
today, we don't see them so much anymore. We're now in the early years
of the Digital Age, and, we need to provide support and assistance to
those who are just now experiencing computers for the first time.
Community-based recording studios, where people can enter and learn
about and make recordings and videos with others around to help them
makes us think we're really able to play an important role now, but
maybe in the years to come, we won't be as important, like the running
boards on automobiles. Does that make sense?
Open Studios
Reno, Nv
http://www.studioforrecording.org/