community_studios - [Community_studios] BBC releases archives to public domain

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: "DMCA_Discuss AT lists.microshaft.org" <DMCA_Discuss AT lists.microshaft.org>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] BBC releases archives to public domain
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:13:23 -0000

Well, I'm exhausted from jumping up and down with joy. What's just
terrific about their announcement, is that it forces major broadcasters,
Disney, the RIAA, and MPAA, and the rest of the jerks to consider what
role they want to play in this "New Digital Age World" we live in. The
cascading effect is easy to imagine. But, then, that's what Open
Studios is all about. Imagination. We have vivid imaginations about
replenishing our precious Public Domain. DMCA advocates are the enemy.
BBC is our friend. And, what better friend, than that which originated
the "She, who must be obeyed." phrase, eh? As we move forward, the
battle cry becomes one that encompasses the imagination of a larger
segment of the world community, "The DMCA is determined to destroy the
BBC."

"What? The DMCA folks won't let us download and play our selections
from the BBC?" Sounds good to me.
Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/

  • [Community_studios] BBC releases archives to public domain, tom poe, 08/25/2003