community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: Interested in using studio

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Bryan Jones <plinkobrain AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: Interested in using studio
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:20:33 -0000

Hi, Bryan: There's been some interest shown in the Reno-Sparks area for
starting one, but I don't think there's one up and running. I know a
young fellow in Sparks is now in Idaho, so any activity from his group
is on hold. Our home office is: 241 Crampton, Reno, NV 89502-2438.

First step: Think of a name you want to use. You will eventually form
a nonprofit organization, so think of something like,
Minden/Gardnerville Community Recording Studio. Send the name you
choose, along with the names and addresses of the key players. Maybe
it's a one-man show at this point, or, if there are two or three friends
that want to do this, add them.
Next step: I'll write up a Memorandum of Understanding that you can
sign, which will let you show others you have the support of a
supporting organization. That's always good to make people comfortable
about what you're doing. It protects you, so you can do whatever you
want, and it protects us, so we don't get hoodwinked into working with
scam artists.

When we get the MOU in place, we can then talk about getting community
interest so you can get the equipment in place. We assume you will not
want to spend any money of your own. All services of Open Studios are
free. So, the idea is to get community support and interest going on
the idea. Look to hear from you soon.
Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 23:00, Bryan Jones wrote:
> Thank you for responding to my e-mail. Do you already have a recording
> studio ready for the community to use? Where is your home office located? I
> am located in the Minden/Gardnerville area and would like to know what it
> takes to get a studio started here. Thank you for your time and
> consideration.
> -Bryan Jones

  • [Community_studios] Re: Interested in using studio, tom poe, 08/12/2003