community_studios - [Community_studios] any luck finding lawyer?

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: susanmarieweber AT electionguardians.org
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] any luck finding lawyer?
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 03:29:03 -0000

Hi, Susan Marie Weber: I read about your lawsuit, and learned that you
were looking for a lawyer. Did you find one?
http://www.electionguardians.org/news.htm

In Nevada, an Elections Commission was formed to take advantage of the
HAVA money promise. I tracked down mail addresses for the 18 "members",
and sent a letter alerting each of them that voter verification problems
exist that threaten our very foundation for Democracy, if they take away
the Nevada citizens' right to vote.

Dan Burk, Registrar, shot back with some unbelievable statements
attesting to the validity of DRE voting machines, and then ended with a
little namecalling, just to poison the waters a little. If copies of
that exchange would be of any use, I'll forward them to the postal mail
address of your choice.

I'm now down at our local access tv station, going through the required
classes, in order to be eligible for free tv station privileges. We'll
be working on at least one Public Service tv show, "The Right To Vote",
which will give some historical information, include some voting songs
and music, and skits for entertainment and driving the message home.
For example, one skit has a Nevada voter in the polling site, and it
deals with a mixup with a slot machine.

If you can tape a message you want included, and accompany that with a
photo of choice, we'll include it in our show. Let me know.
Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
- - -