community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: Online Music's Silence comment

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: TMFEdible AT aol.com
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: Online Music's Silence comment
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:57:59 -0000

Hi: You're on! Be right over, this evening.

Open Studios is nonprofit. All services are free. Community-based
recording studios are nonprofit, but, each community-based recording
studio lays out its own setup with just two ground rules, if they wish
to work with Open Studios. First, all users must be encouraged to
license their works made in the studio with one of the Creative Commons
licenses. Second, all local residents in the local community are
offered free recording services, as well as those in surrounding areas.
This encourages the formation of multiple studios in a community to
provide services for everyone.

See you on the discussion board.
Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 09:04, TMFEdible AT aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 7/28/2003 7:50:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> tompoe AT amihost.com writes:
>
> > Just my biased $.02
> >

> Tom, thanks for those valuable two pennies. It sounds like what you're
> working on is great -- and just what will work in the future. I like the
> community
> approach to empowering the individual artists.
>
> As an indie artist myself (http://www.parisbyair.com -- that's my band's
> MP3.com page) and a member of the founding group of 1Sound.com, I can
> certainly
> get into what you"re going after.
>
> I'm going to start a message board thread over at 1Sound.com on
> studioforrecording.org to see what other unsigned artists think. Feel free
> to come on over
> and chime in.
>
> Rick
> <A HREF="http://www.1sound.com";>http://www.1sound.com</A>

  • [Community_studios] Re: Online Music's Silence comment, tom poe, 07/28/2003