community_studios - [Community_studios] RIAA update: Weiss of Morpheus Call to Action

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: "DMCA_Discuss AT lists.microshaft.org" <DMCA_Discuss AT lists.microshaft.org>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] RIAA update: Weiss of Morpheus Call to Action
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:45:21 -0000

Hi: Just read this on BBC site; states Michael Weiss led lobby group
for video rights back when MPAA was screaming bloody murder over tapes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3025312.stm
"At the end of next month, we're going to be involved in helping to
mobilise peer-to-peer users around the world and ultimately around the
globe to ensure that their voices are heard," he [Michael Weiss,
ed]said.

What this suggests to me, is, we have our champion entering stage left.
Hope someone alerts us all when it happens. This is one bandwagon I
want to be on, for sure. How about you? Spread the word.
Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/

  • [Community_studios] RIAA update: Weiss of Morpheus Call to Action, tom poe, 06/29/2003