community_studios - [Community_studios] One More Thing

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT ableweb.net>
  • To: "DMCA_Discuss AT lists.microshaft.org" <DMCA_Discuss AT lists.microshaft.org>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] One More Thing
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:22:14 -0000

Hi: Forgot to mention in the last post:

Less than two years ago, it was just not practical to use a low end
computer to make high quality recordings, and even independent artists
relied on paying recording studios. Today, projects like Stanford's
CCRMA, and Europe's Agnula projects are screaming out the door! Today,
it's just not practical for an artist to pay for recording studio time.

The same situation has arrived for video production. Within the year,
it will be expected that high quality full length movies will be made
with low end computers, see Cinelerra for one project already screaming
out the door.

Linux took a decade. Musicians and artists can expect to see success
story after success story explode with home studios and doing their own
thing within a year from today. Mark my words. Then, all we have to
do, is convince the idiots that stopped webcasting in its tracks to back
off, and permit webcasting to flourish, and the RIAA/MPAA/ASCAP/BMI to
die a painful death.
Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/

  • [Community_studios] One More Thing, tom poe, 06/04/2003