community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] Announcing Mac basic recording studio

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tompoe <tompoe AT ableweb.net>
  • To: Kevin Marks <kmarks AT mac.com>, tompoe AT ableweb.net
  • Cc: Heather <baskets AT myexcel.com>
  • Cc: Alex <alex AT synchcorp.com>
  • Cc: Ram <ram AT zen.compbio.washington.edu>
  • Cc: CommStudios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Don <msvicky AT warwick.net>
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] Announcing Mac basic recording studio
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 10:37:39 -0800

Hi, Kevin: Excellent question. Here's why:

The "free" version of digidesign's app for recording and editing recordings
is available for the old models.

Schools tend to have old models.

Third world countries tend to have old models.

Poor communities tend to have old models.

Donors tend to donate old models.

Matthew was kind enough to research what the lowest cost entry would be for a
community or group that might have access to an old Mac, rather than an old
PC, and put that sucker up on the web page. We are in business, my friend.

The PC version will be really exciting when we get there. But, for those who
have access to old Macs, this gets them up and running. Nice, eh?
Open Studios
Reno, NV