community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] open source in literature !?!

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Kevin Marks <kmarks AT mac.com>
  • To: DeBug <debug AT centras.lt>
  • Cc: community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] open source in literature !?!
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:26:40 -0700

On Thursday, September 5, 2002, at 10:43 AM, De Bug wrote:

I recall there was a (rithorical perhaps) question about "Why programers have open source and artists/writers have no ?"
Please take a look at http://tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/
Does anything similar exists for film-producers ? Something like Internet Movie project at www.imp.org

Well, not exactly, but my mediAgora project is designed to enable this (with an added twist of payment being involved). Creative Commons is about purer public domain licensing.

http://mediagora.com - encourage copying, expect payment