community_studios - [Community_studios] Complaint

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: devans AT doc.gov
  • Cc: Mweisskohl AT ta.doc.gov, cheryl.mendonsa AT ta.doc.gov, dmcA_discuss AT lists.microshaft.org, community_studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Complaint
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:16:42 -0700

Hello: I wish to file a formal complaint against Phillip Bond based on the following information. Please respond as to what the formal steps are to be followed:

http://www.ta.doc.gov/Testimony/PJB-011009_Confirmation.htm
"I am deeply grateful to President Bush and Secretary Evans for the confidence they have shown in me, and their willingness to entrust me with a leadership position on issues that are of great and lasting importance to our Nation. I recognize the key role technology will play in our short-term and long-term responses to the despicable acts of September 11, and I am ready and resolute in my commitment to serve the country in this regard as Under Secretary for Technology. I am deeply committed to leading the Technology Administration because I know from experience that government plays an influential role in the development of new technology and its application to the opportunities and challenges our nation faces."

"A strong economy and a strong national defense are the twin pillars supporting America's freedom, our world leadership, standard of living, and quality of life. More than ever before, technology is vital to these U.S. strengths."

Phillip Bond made those statements at his confirmation hearing on October 9, 2001.

On July 17, 2002, he addressed American citizens, taxpayers, those who pay his salary, those who expect him to serve their needs, not special interests, and stated to effect, "I will not be dictated to." Mr. Bond has committed an egregious act to all taxpayers in our Nation. I would hope that your agency would see fit to have Phillip Bond apologize, and to impress upon this man that in our Nation, the taxpayers have both a right and a need to be represented in lobbying activities masquerading as Public Workshops. You're expecting taxpayers to pay for special interest meetings, which is intolerable on its' face.
Thomas A. Poe
241 Crampton
Reno, NV 89502-2438

--
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/

  • [Community_studios] Complaint, tom poe, 07/17/2002