community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Will You Still Want To Buy A Computer In 2004?

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: iriXx <iriXx AT irixx.org>
  • To: tompoe AT renonevada.net
  • Cc: DMCA_discuss <dmca_discuss AT lists.microshaft.org>, cluetrain AT topica.com, community_studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, seth AT eff.org
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Will You Still Want To Buy A Computer In 2004?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:37:51 +0100

hi, great article :-)

you might be interested in talking to Alan Cox, who believes that DRM will result in another information Dark Age, since it would prevent us from keeping records of materials increasingly being published online rather than in print. he is also very concerned about the effects DRM will have on accessibility for disabled users.

best,

miriam

tom poe wrote:
Hi: I would really appreciate some expert analysis of the examples in a posting located at:
http://www.studioforrecording.org/mt/Pubdomain_Bread/

I've attempted to set out what a computer does, today, and what it can or cannot do in 2004. Seems that with a little polishing, the mainstream folks can begin to focus on just how drastic the future looks in the next year.

Please take a look, and clear up the wrong, and clarify the right parts of this for me. I'd sure appreciate it. If you have a suggestion as to who might be the most technically adept to contact, that would be a terrific help.
Reno, NV

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info AT copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

_
( ) ascii ribbon against html email