community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: "Making Music In The Digital Age"

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: Alex <alex AT synchcorp.com>
  • Cc: "CommStudios" <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: "Making Music In The Digital Age"
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 16:45:10 -0800

On Sunday 31 March 2002 17:53, you wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I took a look around the site. I think it's a great idea! I wish I had a
> studio like that when I first started recording! I'd be happy to help in
> any way I can. There are some exciting developments in the Linux world that
> make setting up an audio recording machine pretty economical and fun.
>
> I've long been a supporter of grassroots organizations that help people in
> underdeveloped, underfunded and underpriveledged areas, including
> vounteering at Work Camps in West Philadelphia, and have also worked as a
> network administrator at one of the Volunteers of America chapters.
>
> I read through your Board Manual on the site, so you don't need to send me
> a physical one that you spent money putting together. Give mine to someone
> who can't read it online.
>
> Let me know what I can do to help.
>
> Regards,
> Alex Heizer
- - - snip - - -

Hi, Alex: Welcome aboard! We look forward to your participation, and hope
this adventure will be most enjoyable for you.

If you will send me your postal mail address, I will send your Board Member
Certificate and materials to you. You also should sign up for the mail list:

This week I will file the incorporation papers. In Nevada, at least one
Director is needed, and our initial Board will consist of five members. We
will have an initial Board Meeting, and at that time, will officially bring
you in.

It is our intention to prepare the 501(c)(3) application by May. Will keep
you posted as to that activity. The initial grant funding push won't begin
until that step is completed.

1] I would like to target your initial duties to include a draft of
items/equipment that would comprise one studio. The list will serve as a
starting point for discussion. We will not actually need the list until we
reach the grant preparation stage, but any details will assist us in laying
out our "Case Statement" for community officials, additional Board Members,
and volunteers.

2] I need you to scratch out a mini-biography. You can choose any format
that is most comfortable for you. This information will be used to generate
a statement that will go on our web page [watch out], and will also be used
to prepare the 501(c)(3) application.

3] I would also like to find out from you about whether you're able to travel
from time to time. It would seem that one great contribution would be for
you to be able to spend some time in those communities that reach a point
where the equipment is put in and installed. Recording For Studios, Inc.,
will pay for the excursions, and this feature will be important for creating
successful projects.

So, think about those three exciting propositions, and let me know. I'll
post this to the list as well, for others to know what's going on.
Respectfully,
Tom Poe
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/
Reno, NV

  • [Community_studios] Re: "Making Music In The Digital Age", tom poe, 04/01/2002