commons-research - [Commons-research] Research Session at CC Summit in Warsaw, on Sunday Sep 18 (tentative)

commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Giorgos Cheliotis" <gcheliotis.lists AT gmail.com>
  • To: <commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Tal Niv <tal AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: [Commons-research] Research Session at CC Summit in Warsaw, on Sunday Sep 18 (tentative)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 20:12:34 +0800

Hi, as mentioned in a previous email, there is no plan to host a Free Culture Research Conference this year, mainly because of other obligations and the fact that I personally needed a break from this, while on the other hand I was not really sure who could take over - preferably a group of people who can steer this event in the future, and not just a single person.

While such a group has yet to be formally assembled, CC is organizing a 'summit' for this year, to be held in Warsaw, Poland Sep 16-18. So I thought that some of us could meet there, since I know that some will attend this summit anyway. The CC summit is going to be very, well, CC-specific, and certainly not a replacement for the FCRC. But it's an opportunity for some of us to meet anyway. So far only a 1-1:30 hour session has been allocated to "Research" discussion at the CC Summit, but that doesn't preclude informal meet-ups in Warsaw, a chat over lunch, etc. If you're attending, let us know and send any ideas about what research-related topics you'd like to present (if possible, time is VERY limited) or discuss. Tal Niv from Stanford and CC HQ is helping out with this session.

I'm reposting from the cc-affiliates mailing list as I'm afraid the email to this list by Tal never made it through. Please send any feedback ASAP.

---

Hi everyone,

Giorgos and I are organizing the research session for the Global Summit in September. For this year, what we were thinking of are informal panels where people have the opportunity to discuss their ongoing CC research and research interests, and we wanted to get your suggestions for people and projects who would be interested in being featured. Also, we are hoping to begin a discussion with all of you about a future research conference.

Please write back to Giorgos (gcheliotis AT gmail.com) and me, and include names of potential speakers and presentation topics.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing all of you and to a fruitful discussion!

Giorgos and Tal

=====

Tal Niv
Research analyst