commons-research - [Commons-research] iSummit Lab Submissions

commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Heather Ford <heather AT icommons.org>
  • To: icommons AT lists.ibiblio.org, icic AT lists.ibiblio.org, isummitvideo AT lists.ibiblio.org, isummitjp AT creativecommons.jp, isummitglobalcommons AT lists.ibiblio.org, isummitbusiness AT lists.ibiblio.org, commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Commons-research] iSummit Lab Submissions
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 07:30:01 +0200

Ahrash just wrote some really good questions about the process of submission to the iSummit that I wanted to share:

How do you see all of this planning work integrating with the call for proposals? Should I submit some proposals, or encourage others in the ed track to do the same? Or are these going to develop differently?

The best case scenario would be that the various track mailing lists (http://www.icommons.org/isummit08/labs) start discussing the content and flow of their track as a team and then, as they reach consensus, upload those onto the official pentabarf system. I've put up a draft structure here: http://wiki.icommons.org/index.php/ISummit_2008/Education of how you could start organising things within your track. Once it becomes clear who is facilitating which session, then people can start to take more responsibility for single sessions within the broader framework of the track.

Also remember that each track will choose one session e.g. 'Introduction to OER (open educational resources)' that will take place in the main conference hall and will be simultaneously translated. This will form the basis of an overview track at the iSummit for those who want introductions to each of the major themes.

Best,
Heather.

Heather Ford
iCommons Executive Director

The iCommons Summit: 29 July - 1 August 2008, Sapporo, Japan

Phone: +27 11 327 3155
PO Box 1453, Saxonwold, 2132, Johannesburg

  • [Commons-research] iSummit Lab Submissions, Heather Ford, 03/08/2008