chtechcomm - Re: [Chtechcomm] FYI: $175K+ IT Budget Requests To Date

chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee

  • From: "Gregg Gerdau" <gregg AT gdgerdau.com>
  • To: "'Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee'" <chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: laurineasthom AT hotmail.com
  • Subject: Re: [Chtechcomm] FYI: $175K+ IT Budget Requests To Date
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:48:36 -0500

Will and all,

This seems like an area where we not only have significant interest from
several TC members, but also an obligation to the Town Council. As the
Council's primary obligations to the Town are budget and policy, it makes
perfect sense to establish a budget subcommittee to review these matters,
then gain consensus from the larger TC on resolutions presented to the Town
Council.

Three subcommittees are currently established: infrastructure, web &
document management, and GIS.

We have been discussing three others: community networking, open source
initiatives and Press Relations/Communications.

And I am suggesting we consider budget (technology budget?) also.

If you would, please send me your thoughts (to gregg AT techcommittee DOT
org) on these and other working groups you may have. Include your
willingness to participate and/or lead the group. I will aggregate and post
a summary (or summaries) to this list for inclusion on the next TC meeting
agenda.

Thanks,

Gregg