chtechcomm - Re: [Chtechcomm] AT&T to buy BellSouth

chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee

  • From: chtechboard AT willraymond.org
  • To: "Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee" <chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee" <chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Chtechcomm] AT&T to buy BellSouth
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:03:47 -0800 (PST)

Besides the service issues (think Cingular/ATT Wireless), the duopolies,
etc. we also have Bellsouth's latest blather about tiered Internet service
and a new per-byte cost structure. ATT/Bellsouth presents a dominent
legislative force that will probably get its way in Congress.

It's quite disappointing that such a merger hasn't been critically reviewed
at the federal level.