chtechcomm - Re: [Chtechcomm] [Fwd: FW: New Town Web Site] - goes live

chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee

  • From: Terri Buckner <tbuckner AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Chapel Hill Information Technology Advisory Committee <chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Chtechcomm] [Fwd: FW: New Town Web Site] - goes live
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:29:33 -0400

Thanks Will. BTW, I've asked Joel Dunn to delete the other list (the old one).

Did you go to the DEDC meeting this morning?

Terri

________________________________

From: Bob Avery Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:30 AM
To: Cal Horton
Subject: New Town Web Site

I am pleased to report that the new Town web site is going live later
today!

We have incorporated several independent departmental sites (Police,
Planning, Storm Water), added several that had limited information
(Public Works, Inspections, Engineering, Fire) and have linked the three
remaining departmental web sites (Transit, Library, Parks and Rec). The
result is a cohesive Town presence.

We have some new features - email sign-up, staff directory, events
calendar - and we have a site that is easier to update. Every department
is represented. Departments can list calendar and news that are specific
for their department.

The site is a result of efforts by the staff Town wide. Each department
has a person assigned to review and update their section of the web
site. Updates are relatively easy to do and will allow timely updating
when weather events occur.

The new site is a result of the CivicPlus Extreme Makeover offering that
we won earlier in the year.

Bob Avery

Information Technology Director

Town of Chapel Hill