chpac-staff - Re: [Chpac-staff] CHPAC 4/20 mtg.

  • From: Josh Rosenstein <josh.rosenstein AT gmail.com>
  • To: Steve Wright <swright AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • Cc: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Chpac-staff] CHPAC 4/20 mtg.
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 16:39:30 -0400

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the meeting today- apologies for the late notice.

I wanted to pass along a few notes:

1. Special Events Committee. We met with Meg from the downtown partnership and Art from Carrboro public arts to discuss helping/supporting the second Friday art walk. Main action item is that we will help try to recruit new venues. Anyone who wants to help, let me know- I have a copy of the New Venue Registration Form. We also talked about the idea of doing small scale pop up art events (which Meg supports as well) on Wallace Desk. We will meet to talk out ideas and a fleshed-out concept and then reach out to parks re: permits, permissions, scheduling etc. I Will reach out re: scheduling that meeting.

2. I found the public info sessions very informative and I had been planning attending the session on Monday at Jackson Center. I will be at the rescheduled date. I also wanted to say that I support and appreciate the intention behind Sally's email re: arts as a civic value and not just an economic driver.

3. In regards to the new membership applications, i fully support reappointing all the current members up for reappointment. I saw no problems with any of the applicants and I trust and support the judgement of the commissioners present for the vote.

4. I went to the Advisory Boards joint meeting in regards to the recent legislative session. I found nothing to report back on that relates to the work we do.

-Josh Rosnestein