chpac-staff - Re: [Chpac-staff] CHPAC mtg. followup

  • From: Dan Cefalo <cefalobuilt AT gmail.com>
  • To: Steve Wright <swright AT townofchapelhill.org>, Jeff York <jyork AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • Cc: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Chpac-staff] CHPAC mtg. followup
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:59:07 -0400

Steve,

As per my conversation with Jeff yesterday.  Could you please email everyone a copy of our Art Plan.

To All-

The main objective of our November meeting will be to discuss the "Art Plan"  This document was drafted by our Commission and a final edit was completed by commissioners that sat prior to this group.  The Town Council is expecting us to submit this to them ASAP.  The document was drafted to work in conjunction with the Town's 20/20 Vision.

We intentionally phrased our document to show where we felt CHPAC is now, our benefits to the community, what we do,  what we wish to do, where we are headed and finally what we want and need from council.

Please take the time to read through our plan and be prepared to discuss it.  Our discussion is not intended to become a rewrite session but in honoring the addition of so many new members I am aware that adjustments will need to be made with your direction.

I will be presenting a revision on objective #3.  It is my desire for us to propose to council some more "teeth" to our courtesy reviews.

I would like an open and active conversation on this.  What we submit will be the guide posts for where the public art element of Chapel Hill goes for the next 6+ years.  As all of you have noticed,  we currently discuss, vote on, or do certain items based on our predecessors guidelines that were established years ago.  This Art Plan is what will guide the group that follows us.

If there are questions- please email them but, I ask that you respect the meeting laws and guidelines that are in place.

Thank You

DAN CEFALO
Certified General Contractor
Building Consultant