chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] URINETOWN at PlayMakers

  • From: jawales AT aol.com
  • To: swright AT townofchapelhill.org, chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] URINETOWN at PlayMakers
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:39:12 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Fellow Commissioners,

For those of you who weren't at the meeting on Wednesday night, I wanted to extend a special invitation to you to attend Urinetown FREE during its run. Performances are July 19 – 22 here at PlayMakers. If you are interested in securing tickets, please call our box office (919.962.7529) and use the code PENNYWISE to get your free tickets – limit 4 free tickets per person.

We have a wonderful group of students here at PlayMakers in our high school programs who are working tirelessly on the Tony Award-winning musical, Urinetown. This hilarious musical exposes them to many different styles of acting and performance techniques, and they’re taking to it like fish to water. If you’re looking for something fun to share with your family and friends this summer, I hope you’ll join us!

Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope to see you here for Urinetown next week!

All my best,

Jennifer Wales

The 2012 Summer Youth Conservatory at PlayMakers Repertory Company presents

Urinetown: The Musical
Music by Mark Hollman, Lyrics by Mark Hollman & Greg Kotis, Book by Greg Kotis

Four performances only!
July 19 – 22, 2012
Evenings at 7:30pm; Sunday Matinee at 2:00pm

Paul Green Theatre on UNC Campus
Center for Dramatic Art, 150 Country Club Road (map)

Tickets $10 - $15
$10 Students, $13 PlayMakers Season Ticket-Holders, $15 General Public
Order online at www.playmakersrep.org or by calling (919) 962-7529

An uproariously funny and earnest tale of love, greed and revolution in a time when water is worth its weight in gold. Twenty years of disastrous drought have led to draconian water restrictions. Citizens are forced to use public, pay-per-use facilities operated by Urine Good Company. What happens if the people rebel? Find out in this outrageously hilarious show!

The show includes some mature themes (greed, corruption, murder, extortion and, of course, pee).

Learn more at http://www.playmakersrep.org/urinetown