chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] CHPAC mtg sum., repositioning notes

  • From: Steve Wright <swright AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] CHPAC mtg sum., repositioning notes
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:45:01 -0500

Dear CHPAC,

Please find attached the draft summary of our meeting Wednesday; please let me know of any needed corrections.

Also, below is a message from Jeff, and attached are his notes from the Repositioning exercise.

Have a good weekend,

Steve

Commissioners,  Thank you for all your great participation in the re-positioning & program values exercise.  I appreciated all your comments.   Attached are the notes that were generated.  For the March meeting please engage on your own a similar values exercise for the other programs listed in the Public Arts Program handout, including the conservation and events programs.   Also think about and list ways that these individual programs might be amended or changed to create greater value.  I view these exercises as a prelude to developing a 7 year programmatic plan to coincide with the 2020 comprehensive plan.  FYI, our budget submission are actually due to the department head the first week in March, so while it may not seem that our thoughts about programming can be taken into consideration,  the program budget doesn’t have to detail each individual program, so there will be time to initiate alterations in programming if desired before the adoption of the Fiscal 2012-13 budget on July 1.  As a target to think about,  we have already been instructed that the 2011-12 budget is the benchmark, which means probably there will not be any increases in the arts programming budget, but perhaps there will also not be any decreases.   I look forward to continued dialog about the programs.   Feel free to e-mail me with any thoughts you might have.   jy

Jeffrey J. York
Cultural & Public Arts Administrator
Cultural Arts Division
Parks & Recreation Department
Town of Chapel Hill
405 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Chapel Hill, NC 27514-5705

Phone: (919) 968-2750
Fax: (919) 969-2063

  • [Chpac-staff] CHPAC mtg sum., repositioning notes, Steve Wright, 02/10/2012