chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Thank-you and Happy Holidays!

  • From: Butch Kisiah <bkisiah AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Thank-you and Happy Holidays!
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:43:49 -0500

Dear Commission and Advisory Board Members,

Please let me take a moment to express my sincere thanks for your help, support and tremendous effort during the past year.  I appreciate all of your hard work and dedication to the Town and to the Parks and Recreation Department.  Together, we are enhancing the quality of life for all our citizens.  2010 has been an exciting and challenging year, but despite the economic conditions we face, I believe that all of us have worked hard to position the department to take advantage of brighter days ahead.  This is especially evident in our planning efforts for greenway development, cemetery improvements, arts programming development  and park redevelopment.  Our partnerships with the Preservation Society should reap great benefits for our management and stewardship of our cemeteries.  The important work on the arts plan and how we hope to increase the  appreciation of the arts in Chapel Hill beyond our efforts in the public art realm has taken great strides forward. Planning for the utilization of 523 continues to provide opportunities for discovery for all of us.  The Morgan Creek Greenway project will provide formal access to Merritt’s Pasture and the upcoming connections to southern village are well along in the planning process.  Working with our OWASA partners, we will soon be able to realize the extension of the Bolin Creek Trail.  We continue to improve our park maintenance and landscape capabilities, including the creation of maintenance management plans to help guide us in our decision making for maintenance of parks and greenways.  The beginning of our most important planning process in years, a new master plan for parks and recreation, will provide us with vital information about the current park system and help us to determine what we need to do to improve what we have and how much this effort will cost, along with a valid assessment of our future needs.  There is more that we have done and much more for us to do, however we could not have done any of this without your help and support.  As we look forward to 2011, we will face more challenges but I believe that the work we have accomplished this past year provides us with the opportunity to bring lasting change to our department and our community. I look forward to meeting these challenges with you and I wish for each of you the very best of the holiday season and a wonderful new year.

Warmest personal regards,

Butch

town seal color    pink-ribbon

Ray L. Kisiah, Jr. "Butch"

Director

Parks and Recreation Department

200 Plant Road

Chapel Hill, NC 27514-3339

[work] (919) 968-2784

[Fax] (919) 932-2923

www.chapelhillparks.org

"Chapel Hill, NC -  A Town Within A Park"

  • [Chpac-staff] Thank-you and Happy Holidays!, Butch Kisiah, 12/20/2010