chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] CHPAC meeting

  • From: Jeff York <jyork AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Sally Greene <sally AT ibiblio.org>, penny rich <pennyrich.ch AT gmail.com>, "nancy.kitterman AT scientificproperties.com" <nancy.kitterman AT scientificproperties.com>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] CHPAC meeting
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:06:30 -0400

CHPAC members,

I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your summer and not worrying about CHPAC issues for at least a month.  It is hard to believe the new Council year is just around the corner.

I am attaching the agenda for the September 8th CHPAC meeting.  I am sending this out a little earlier than usual as there are some things I would like you to review prior to the meeting.  In addition to the agenda, I am attaching the latest version of the CHPAC planning document based on the July meeting comments.  I believe all comments and suggestions have been addressed.  Please re-review the document and come prepared to discuss content and wording.  Also come prepared to discuss a possible name change of the Commission to reflect our broadened mission.  Also attached is the list of Loeb participants.  As one of the next steps in our planning process is to hold interviews and dialog sessions with key stakeholders in the community, I would like you to look over the Loeb list and identify up to 10 people from the list to whom we can go for good dialog about the future of the arts in the area.  Please don’t limit your selections to arts advocates as we will need the support of the business community, UNC and others to move forward.  Also, be thinking of individuals who are not on the Loeb list who might also be important stakeholders in an expanded arts program.  The compiled list will be prioritized and eventually given to our consultant who will then start scheduling interviews.  Please note, while Town Staff and Council are important stakeholders, we can dialog with them without the assistance of the consultant, so for now, please keep your list to non staff and council.

Since we will be electing a chair and co-chair and assigning committees (see below) it is imperative that you attend or give someone on the commission your proxy in writing.

Finally, I am attaching a list of committees and committee descriptions.  The honor of serving on the Commission also come with the honor, or onus (depending how you feel about it) of serving on Commission Committees to assist in providing programs and services to citizens.  Involvement on at least one standing committee and serving as a liaison to other Town Commissions listed is required.  Please be prepared to volunteer for one or more of the listed committees that spark your interests.  Non-volunteers will be assigned as needed.

I look forward to the beginning of a productive year for public and cultural arts in our community.

Jeffrey J. York

Public Arts Administrator

Town of Chapel Hill

Town Hall

405 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.

Chapel Hill, NC  27514

phone 919/968-2750

jyork AT townofchapelhill.org

  • [Chpac-staff] CHPAC meeting, Jeff York, 08/30/2010