chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] art blog post

  • From: Jeff York <jyork AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Sally Greene <sally AT ibiblio.org>, erica rothman <erothman AT mindspring.com>, penny rich <pennyrich.ch AT gmail.com>, "nancy.kitterman AT scientificproperties.com" <nancy.kitterman AT scientificproperties.com>, Butch Kisiah <bkisiah AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] art blog post
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:01:55 -0400

CHPAC members and guests,

I have recently discovered two new triangle art blogs and have been invited to guest blog on those sites.  I posted a commentary on the Our Stories, In Focus Community Art & History project that the office of Public Arts and CHPAC members helped organize in 2009.  The exhibition is currently on display at the ArtsCenter in Carrboro.  Should you wish to read the post

http://ncartblog.org/     or the same post was also sent to http://trianglearts.proboards.com/index.cgi

These new art blogs and message boards hold great promise for promoting our programs and getting ourselves known.  There is also a post about the Office and CHPAC sponsored Presence Is Progress exhibition that is currently at Turning Point Gallery in Durham.

Jeffrey J. York

Public Arts Administrator

Town of Chapel Hill

Town Hall

405 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.

Chapel Hill, NC  27514

phone 919/968-2750

jyork AT townofchapelhill.org

  • [Chpac-staff] art blog post, Jeff York, 08/12/2010