chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] reappointment request

  • From: Janet Kagan <jkagan AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Steve Wright" <swright AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • Cc: chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] reappointment request
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 16:11:31 -0400

Steve et al

First, I would suggest rewriting the cover memo to reflect Andi's resignation.  Second, four of the Council members did indeed only vote for the CHPAC recommended candidates so I would be careful not to presume that the Council did not receive your memo ("supporting documents") regarding membership on the Commission, nor voted as requested.  Finally, if Council members are absent, they are absent; the Council did have a quorum so the ballots would seem to be valid.

With regard to altering the Council guidelines for membership on any Town Board or Commission, I cannot support your motion to wade into this issue.

Janet