chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Revised Oversight

  • From: "Eric Davis" <edavis AT lhpa-nc.com>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Steve Wright <swright AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Revised Oversight
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:57:08 -0500

Dear CHPAC Board Members-

As discussed in Frank’s earlier email one item we would like to address at tomorrow night’s meeting is “Revised Oversight of Percent for Art Projects”.  In order to increase Board member involvement and better track projects, we propose assigning each PFA project to a specific PFA Member and at least (1) Commission Member.  (Frank’s Earlier Email)

1.       “Revised oversight of Percent for Art projects: Percent for Art is the most important responsibility of CHPAC. We propose to involve all Board Members of the Commission in assisting the program chair (Eric) and Steve (and eventually the PA Coordinator) in tracking the projects. We plan to do this by assigning each PFA project to a PFA Committee member and one or more other Board Members. The responsibility entails staying aware of the status of the project and being able to alert the Commission to opportunities for communications to the media or the CHPAC mailing list (e.g. when artists are in town). This kind of support will greatly facilitate Steve’s work as project manager for a large number of projects at different stages of implementation.

At our ad hoc meeting we shall ask for members to indicate those projects in which they would like to be involved.”

Please review the attached word document.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Thank You-

Eric Davis, LEED AP

Partner

Lappas + Havener, PA

The Imperial Building           Ph 919.419.1199

215 Morris Street                  Fx 919.419.1669

Durham, NC 27701               www.lhpa-nc.com

D e s i g n   E x c e l l e n c e

  • [Chpac-staff] Revised Oversight, Eric Davis, 02/18/2008