chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Public Art opportunities abound!

  • From: "Sobbe, Andi" <Andi AT dev.unc.edu>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Public Art opportunities abound!
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:45:51 -0500

All -

I want to tell you about two great opportunities to participate in public
art.

THIS SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 9 - 12 am

Invasive species pull at Bolin Creek Greenway and Bolin Woods Drive.
Come with long sleeves, work gloves and a willing spirit. We will pull
invasive species from the greenway with Bill Bracey and the Friends of Bolin
Creek and create material for the Labyrinth project. Fresh air, a great
workout and wonderful company - what could be better? Any and all are welcome.

SATURDAY MARCH 1, 10 am - 4 pm

"Elements: A Labyrinth" will be constructed. Please mark your calendar to
join environmental artist Bryant Holsenbeck in creating a labyrinth at
Community Park on Estes Drive. Please see the attached flyer for more
information. AND TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO COME AND PARTICIPATE. Put the
flyer up at work, where you play, eat, create...everywhere. We need your help
to pass the word! This is the opening event for Elements, this year's
community art project

Brochures for Elements will be available the last week in February. Please be
thinking about your own submission.

Elementally,

Andi

Andi Sobbe
Director of Prospect and Donor Relations
208 W. Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NCĀ  27516
(919)962-2546

  • [Chpac-staff] Public Art opportunities abound!, Sobbe, Andi, 02/14/2008