chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] art in news

  • From: "Steve Wright" <swright AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] art in news
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:03:39 -0400

Dear CHPAC,

Below are links to recent art-related media items.

Best,

Steve

- Artfully speaking
By Blair Pollock
This county and its towns are full of art. I buy a piece I can afford
every now and then from a local artist. I look at a lot of it. It's hard
not to. The Orange County Arts Commission Web site lists over 700 area
working artists.
http://www.chapelhillnews.com/108/story/6985.html

- Let's protect the art we have
Whether or not the town of Chapel Hill decides to raise the percentage
that developers would have to spend on public art, it would be a good
idea to earmark some of the funds for preserving the public art that
already exists.
http://www.chapelhillnews.com/108/story/6986.html

  • [Chpac-staff] art in news, Steve Wright, 04/30/2007